INGREDIENTS for two servings: 1 small squash, 1/2 large or 1 small onion (julienned), 1 green pepper, 125 g Manzer Goat’s Cheese chopped into small pieces, 6 sheets of lasagne, olive oil, grated Manzer Semi-Cured Cheese, butter for greasing, salt and pepper.
For the goat’s cheese sauce: 50g Manzer Goat’s Cheese, 200ml crème fraîche, a handful of pine nuts, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Preparation: 25 minutes
1. Peel the squash, remove the seeds and dice into small pieces. Put two dessert spoons of olive oil in a frying pan and cook the squash on a very low heat, adding salt and pepper to taste, until the squash is soft and easy to crush with a fork.
2. In a separate frying pan, fry the onion and pepper, cut into small pieces, with a pinch of salt for a few minutes. Add the onion to the pan containing the squash, stir in the goat’s cheese, and continue to stir from time to time for a few minutes over a low heat.
3. Meanwhile, cook the lasagne in plenty of water containing salt and a splash of olive oil. Drain thoroughly.
4. For the sauce, put a dessert spoonful of olive oil in a saucepan or frying pan, on a low heat, and add the crème fraîche, salt and pepper to taste, and the cheese cut into fine pieces. Stir constantly until the cheese melts and blends with the crème fraîche. Add the pine nuts and continue to stir until the sauce has a fairly thick consistency.
5. Grease an ovenproof dish with the butter. Add a sheet of lasagne, cover with a layer of the squash mixture, and top with a small amount of the sauce. Repeat until you have the number of layers you want. Finish by covering the final layer with the remaining sauce and some grated cheese. Put in an oven preheated to 180ºC and leave for 15 minutes. Then grill until golden brown…